BS Medical Sciences provides the knowledge, skills, personal and professional development appropriate for graduate entry to medicine, medical research, Insurance, or careers in one of the many healthcare and its related professions.
Intercalated with Doctor of Medicine
- STU-SOM combines the expertise of academic staff with a flexible program structure and state-of-the-art facilities to provide an outstanding student learning environment that fosters individual intellectual development.
- STU-SOM integrates sky yoga for all the students which shall provide the ideal physical and mental apparatus for the strenuous study of medicine and success towards the licensure.
- STU-SOM OFFERS high quality and innovative teaching, to complement with our inspiring teachers, we are committed to provide state of art facilities which shall cater directly for the needs of the 21st-century student.
- This investment provides you with well-equipped, contemporary environments in which to study, learn, network and relax.
- STU-SOM welcomes students to join its enthusiastic community of pioneers, visionaries and scholars.
BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Our curriculum is derived mainly from the American medical education system, integrated with certain European elements of studying medicine. Students at Saint Teresa University – School of Medicine must be motivated and focused, given that our curriculum is year-round with a minimum number of breaks. The Basic Sciences Program consists of eight (8) trimesters of 16 weeks each and is taught at the St. Vincent campus.
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Physics I
- Calculus I
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Physiology
- Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine
- Medical and Legal Ethics
- Patient/Doctor relationship & History Taking
- Physics II
- Calculus II
- Human Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Pathology I
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Medically Applied Physics
- Introduction to Physiology
- Medical Psychology
- Pathology II
- Physical Diagnosis
- Gross Anatomy and Embryology
- Histology and Cell Biology
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine
- Internal Medical Clinical Rotations (8 weeks)
- Behavioural Science